United Nurses of Alberta is proud to have presented Nursing Education Scholarships to nine more Nursing Students over the past few weeks.
- Ashley Arcuri from the University of Calgary, who was sponsored by Angela Acrcuri from Local 95 (Alberta Children’s Hospital).
- Nicole Alqueza from MacEwan University, who was sponsored by Wilma Alqueza from UNA Local 79 (Grey Nuns & Edmonton General).
- Shauna Bears from University of Calgary, who was sponsored by Patsy Lane (UNA Associate Member).
- Payton Damer from the University of Alberta, who was sponsored by Jody Bonner from United Nurses of Alberta, Local 196 (Edmonton Community).
- Josee Jantz from the University of Alberta Campus Saint-Jean, who was sponsored by Loraine Piche from Local 308 (Headwater Health Authority Community)
- Laura Roberts from Mount Royal University, who was sponsored by Carla O’Reilly from Local 79 (Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre and Grey Nuns Community Hospital)
- Mark Sanger from University of Calgary, who was sponsored by Robert Milner from United Nurses of Alberta Local 211 (Calgary Community).
- Alexandra Walters from the University of Calgary, who was sponsored by Michelle Walters from Local 197 (Peace Health Region Community).
UNA is proud to award scholarships of $1,000 to 37 Nursing Students this year, marking the union's four decades of representing nurses in our province. More scholarships will be presented to students over the next month.
Applications for this year's UNA Nursing Education Scholarship can be found on the UNA website and will be accepted until Oct. 15, 2018.